Today's been a thought and emotion provoking day.
Highlight of these weeks is needless to say, the elections.
And that was exactly what I faced with the moment I exited lorong chuan mrt to go tuition.
Super funny how pap tried to advise ppl to "exercise your vote wisely" through a PA system by lorry,
But there wasn't any MP on the lorry? Strange but true.
Why is it that, the last I rmb was, MPs would be on the lorry waving to ppl on the road?
Oh. I know.. The MPs in white don't do lorries anymore, they do it in luxurious automobiles with a sun roof.
Haha. My grandfather told me one MP tried to get up from the sunroof to greet the people but got stuck half way cos her stomach was too big.
Geez :/
However my point really isn't to mock the white contenders.
But I can't help but think, why they so bo xim to use PA system only?
Maybe it's cos this is GCT's territory, so they're quite confident in winning against fresh out of the over nicole and gang?
Hmmmm.. Not sure uh.
I don't know what to sAyyyy *stamps feet like a clown*
Went novena after tuition, and it was humid hot, which makes it really baddd.
What made my walk to church even worse was when I saw
An old lady on wheelchair taking a lunchbreak from selling tissue,
And she was so frail and hands so weak, she had to use her wrists to clasp unto a styrofoam cup to drink.
That point of time, I grapsed the true essence of "moved to tears".
She's really determined to live amidst these trials,
And the little meagre help she was receiving.
I was furious by the time I entered church.
What is the govt doing!?
How on earth is this welfare benefits to the pioneers of our country?
They really are doing themselves a disfavour by having so many of such elderly wandering on the streets.
Political awakening of some sort I reckon?
Of course I'm not as upz as nicole seah.
But I was very agitated when I was in novena square after service.
Old people at the entrance distributing flyers;
Serving not even as cashiers or waiters,
but those to clear waste after ppl have eaten;
Toilet janitors;
And more.
Note that I say "old ppl" and not "elderly".
I've always felt that elderly refers to 50plus early 60s,
and old people are those seriously aged in their late 70s to 80s.
What, is the govt doind, really?
Saturday, April 30, 2011
Posted by rowena at 11:56 PM
0 comments:
Post a Comment